Saturday 7 March 2009

Gang aft agley

This weekend, as befitting any self respecting mouse or man, I laid some schemes. Small cat was with his father for the weekend, and Mr Cat had gone to a gay wedding in Newcastle. I had a whole day to myself, and lots and lots to do.

My plan was as follows;
  • Blitz the pile of ironing in the laundry basket
  • Finish off an unsewn, unstuffed badger and pop it on Etsy
  • Sort out the terrible mess created whilst trying to make a lightbox earlier in the week (don't ask)
  • Possibly paint some more of the tiles in the kitchen, or even strip some more wallpaper.
  • Sort out the mass of DVD's lying around without covers and catalog them (because I am anal like that)
  • Organise life.

These tiles are a mess and need sorting out...oh look - tea!

What actually happened was this.

  • Woke up at 9am
  • Made tea, went back to bed with danish pastry and laptop.
  • Read Guardian online
  • Remained in dressing gown until midday BECAUSE I COULD!
  • Went and had a hair cut
  • Browsed in Monsoon and stroked two blouses (but did not buy as I cannot afford £65 for a single item of clothing no matter how luscious)
  • Went into two craft shops and purchased some card and some daylight bulbs for the purposes of completing the lightbox (see! I did achieve something!)
  • Had cup of coffee and cake whilst reading Private Eye in cafe
  • Went home
  • Made more tea and blogged.
I did finish the lightbox, though. I'll be writing more on this in a later post. But until then, a word of warning. When someone says "oh, it's so easy to make this at home. All you need is ten minutes, a scissors and some card", tell them to go away and come back when they've learned not to tell lies.
The worst lightbox in the history of the world. Ever.

On a positive note, when I checked my mail I discovered that I'd had an order for a pattern all the way from sunny Italy, so it wasn't an entirely unproductive day.

1 comment:

The Coffee Lady said...

That sounds like a fantastic day!

I love 'organise life' as a bullet point - if only it were that simple.

I'd love to know more about your lightbox.