Wednesday 9 September 2009

Five little monkeys jumping on my self esteem

It is a fact universally acknowledged that when a lime coloured feline is in a funk, then the whole world turns to pants. 

The post which follows is a self indulgent, self pitying rant.  Please don ear muffs and sturdy shades.

Here are some reasons not to be cheerful. 

  • I probably don’t have a job anymore, and there are no jobs out there. 
  • My house is for sale, but I don’t want to move. 
  • I am in debt up to my eyeballs – indeed, as I write this I’m waving my hand around ABOVE my eyeballs only you can’t see that. 
  • And I am so very tired of worrying about money and not sleeping properly, it has been going on for the past few years, and has aged me.  The foundation and powder is beginning to accumulate in the scowl lines around my eyes of a morning (I don’t have laughter lines).  When people look at me closely, they can see Maybelline products with alarming clarity.  They can probably even name the shade.  Hell, the label is PROBABLY ON MY FACE! 

But, as MrCat always says “what’s the worst that can happen?”.  And he’s right.  Let’s be resilient here.  Beans are cheap and nutritious and I am also really rather fond of Autumn.

So to cheer myself up this evening I decided to think seriously about updating my rather tired Etsy shop and adding something new to the product line.  Surely I can come up with something original but most importantly SIMPLE TO MAKE, which people want to buy?  We’ve had enough of bunnies and bears and samey looking dogs and cats.

And then I saw this.  Five little monkeys, jumping on the bed.

 

image

Frankly, I think this is a work of genius.  But, but…….

WHY CAN’T I COME UP WITH SOMETHING LIKE THIS!

>sob

PS – if you click on the picture, you’ll go to her shop.  It’s very good. 
-------------
This week I have been mostly growling

3 comments:

alice c said...

Sometimes life deals a horrible hand - I hope that you get a lucky break soon.

Lynn said...

I like your monkeys better than those.

Sending all manner of good vibes and lucky-break wishes. xoxoxo

JuliaB said...

oh you poor thing :( I do feel so bad for you. But I just KNOW there will be a silver lining somewhere .. I just know it. You'll see. xxx